Okay, if you’re anything like me (aka so Type A it hurts) then I already know a few things about you.
- You love making lists (be honest, you have a to-do to make a to-do list)
- Organization makes you happy
- You’re on a constant search for new tools to streamline your life (and or business)
If you were nodding in agreement to any of the about points (or shouting AMEN with raised hands) then allow me to give you an early Christmas gift…
Here are the 5 business tools that I can’t, won’t, shouldn’t ever live without
- Colorvale Planner. This bad boy is a new addition to my life, but it has quickly risen to my absolute favorite tool. If you are a photographer and you are operating without this planner, stop what you are doing and go to this link. Seriously, you’ll be so glad you did.At first I was intimidated by this planner. There is just so much to use it for it seemed overwhelming. But once I got the hang of it I wondered how I ever functioned without it. From pages dedicated to client workflow, financials, and all things social media, this planner has everything you could ever need or want–all wrapped in the cutest packaging.
- Pixieset. I’ve been using Pixieset for almost 4 years now to deliver client images. As far as business tools go, it’s my long-term beau (inserting all the heart eye emojis).
Pixieset is great because:
A. It is super user friendly (for you and your clients)
B. It has a beautiful user interface and lets you control branding
C. It seamlessly manages prints through a great print shop
- Planoly. I’m still pretty new to this app, but it has dramatically changed my Instagram game. The thing that I love most about Planoly is the ability to upload and manipulate images in your grid so that you can visually plan your content to match your aesthetic. For us Type As, that amount of control is priceless.Plus, it allows you to schedule Instagram posts and has built in analytics. What else could you ask for?
- PhotoMechanic. Okay, so I recently completed Amy + Jordan’s online editing course (don’t worry, there’s a much longer post about how it changed my life coming) and Amy talked about using PhotoMechanic. I had heard other photographers talk about it before, but for some reason this time it stuck and I tried it out. And now I can’t believe I waited so long!PhotoMechanic might not be the best looking software, but let me tell you–it is the fastest culling software I’ve ever used and it has cut my editing time in half! So if you don’t know, now you know.
- Spotify. Music is my love language. Well, and pizza, but music has less calories. If I’m at a computer there is a 100% chance I have my headphones in listening to Spotify. There’s just something about jamming out to tunes that makes my heart happy and my photo editing (or blog writing) better. Right now I’m listening to Johnnyswim’s Georgica Pond. You should definitely give your ears a listen sometime 🙂
So there you have it! Of course, there are a lot of other tools that I love with all my heart (looking at you, Lightroom) but these are the 5 tools that I just couldn’t do without!
Know of a great tool that I’m missing from my life? Help a girl out and drop it in the comments below!
Interested in chatting business, photography, pizza, or Gilmore Girls? Let’s do it!